Friday, February 24, 2006

License and Registration Please

So Natster wanted to go get coffee from Dunkin Donuts, and since the closest one was in Horseheads, I agreed to go along (who names their town Horseheads??? but that's a totally different discussion). She told me it'll be like a 30 minute drive, so I thought it won't be that bad.

I was soo wrong.

So we passed Wegmans and headed South on Rt 13, when a cop pulled her over. Apparently, one of her brake lamp was not working. The cop asked for her license and registration, but turned out Natster didn't have her registration in the car! In addition, she didn't have the license plate in front of the car either. That's three tickets right there.

Natster: "Sorry, my friend gave me this car and I forgot to put the registration in the car."
Cop: "So is this car registered under your name?"
Natster: "Yeah yeah, it's registered, but I still have the paper in my room."

So the cop was like, "ok I'll be right back", and went back to the police car to write out the tickets. Well we waited, waited, and waited... and finally he came back with the tickets.

Cop: "Ok, I'm suppose to write out another ticket, but I'm starting to get a cramp, so here you go. Make sure you plead guilty."

And on that note, he let her go. Poor guy, he just stopped her for the brake lamp, and he ended up having to deal with more papaer work than he had expected. He must have been tired, or plain lazy, coz he wrote down Natster's year of birth as 1988. Does she look that young??

Well, it proved to be a good experience for me, because I've always wondered what registration was when cops say "License and Registration Please" in movies and tv. But now I know, thanks to Natster!



On a side note, I think it should be a prerequiste for PhD candidacy to have registration and license plates properly in place.

5 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, Blogger PhD Wannabe said...

danny san, he gave me 2 tickets instead of 3 coz i look cute and innocent and look 8 years younger! :P

but he shouldn't pull me over in the first place, my lights does work properly!

but yeah now i put the registration and insurance card in my car :P

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger PhD Wannabe said...

we were wondering which part of his body was having cramp actually

actually kinda glad danny was with me.. else i would just drive back home :P And danny seems to enjoy the whole situation... his first sentence once the cop went to write out my ticket was..

'i want to take a photo of that cop' -_-!!

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger dkambe said...

yeah, and nat thought the cop was hot. even though he was bald.

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger 4201Mass said...

you really shouldn't kill people

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger Mia said...

crazy koreans

 

Post a Comment

<< Home